Free Choice: Set Free Balance®
12:12 vitamin and mineral supplement in a large tub or mineral feeder under shelter or in a run-in shed. Research shows horses consume on average 2 ounces per head per day. Horses will eat more than the average some days and less on other days. Some horses will over-consume this supplement when first given free choice. If excessive consumption (more than 4 ounces/day) occurs for longer than 2 days, remove access for 2 days, then return to free choice. If over-consumption still occurs, try the Free Balance®
12:12 vitamin and mineral supplement in loose mineral form. Follow the measured feeding directions to top dress the horse’s regular grain or concentrate.
Measured Feeding (Loose Mineral): Use the scoop provided to top dress 2 ounces once daily per horse onto regular grain or concentrate.
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program