Designed specifically for Sheep & Goats on pasture, Purina’s new Accuration Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block provides convenience and peace of mind for your entire herd. A premium, weather-resistant, protein block with fat, vitamins and minerals added that is designed to balance nutrient deficiencies in fair quality forages. The proprietary Accuration technology helps support year-round sustained nutrition and our unique formula provides a high level of fat, while at the same time does not contain any added copper. Add to this the trusted Purina brand, and you’ve got a product ready to help you achieve your objectives.
ACCURATION® Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block is scientifically formulated to be fed free-choice to sheep and goats along with forage.
1. Consumption of ACCURATION® Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block should be approximately 0.5 to 1.0 pound per head per day for sheep and goats depending on quality and quantity of forage.
2. Provide one 200-pound block for each 25 to 40 head of sheep/goats.
3. Several weeks prior to, and during feeding of ACCURATION® Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block, provide a good quality mineral supplement that contains phosphorus.
4. Adequate forage should be provided at all times.
5. Prior to introducing the blocks, animals should be accustomed to high-forage diets.
6. Do not offer ACCURATION® Sheep & Goat Hi-Fat Block in fields where crops are grown that are known to contain high levels of urease enzyme such as soybeans or in conjunction with other NPN containing feeds.
7. Feed blocks near the area where animals loaf and/or a water source.
8. In large pastures, blocks should be available in more than one location.
9. If animals run out of blocks, observe them closely for three days to prevent overconsumption after refeeding.
10. Provide an unlimited supply of clean fresh water.